Karate is a martial art developed in the Ryukyu Kingdom. It developed from the indigenous Ryukyuan martial arts under the influence of Kung Fu, particularly Fujian White Crane. Karate is now predominantly a striking art using punching, kicking, knee strikes, elbow strikes and open-hand techniques such as knife-hands, spear-hands, and palm-heel strikes. Historically, and in some modern styles, grappling, throws, joint locks, restraints, and vital point strikes are also taught. A karate practitioner is called a karateka.
Why Youth Karate?
Martial arts provide a great opportunity for your child to develop higher self-esteem, find community and experience success. Learn how to ease your child’s way into sports. Get more ideas for sports for kids who struggle with focus, motor skills or social skills.
Benefits of Karate
• Improve your child’s physical and mental health.
• Build self-esteem and strengthen your child’s self-confidence.
• Improve your academic performance by raising your youth’s level of energy, focus, and concentration.
• Learn and master self-defense techniques.
• Make friends and DREAM bigger at our karate club in Santa Clarita.
Your First Class is on Us
Stop by our Santa Clarita location and try your first class on us! Let your youth experience Karate for themselves and fall in love today!
Santa Clarita martial arts
Monday-Thursday: 5pm - 10pm
Saturday: 10 am
Sunday: 4pm - 6pm
22942 Lyons Avenue
Santa Clarita, CA 91321